Visiting Laboratory Tutoring Program
ESMAC aims to encourage mobility and international contacts between the different gait laboratories. Visiting or staying for a longer time in a laboratory encourages progress and further development in our field. ESMAC would like to assist this interchange by providing support to its members who wish to visit a European gait laboratory. Through the Mentorship Award Program, we offer awardees the chance to gain experience of the clinical and research operations of another laboratory, to further specialize in a specific area, or to undertake knowledge-gathering assignments. Thanks to this grant, researchers get the opportunity to specialize in their area of interest, deepen their scientific expertise abroad, and improve their CVs.
- Applicants for the mentorship award must be ESMAC members.
- A member may only receive the award once.
- Applicants need to retain all receipts of expenses and will be reimbursed following the visit up to a maximum of 1000 euro, and depending on the length of stay. Eligible expenses include travel, accommodation, and daily living requirements during the stay.
- A maximum of 3 mentorship grants will be awarded per year.
- Contact the gait lab that you are interested in visiting/collaborating with and ask whether and when a visit can be arranged.
- A list of participating gait labs can be found here: http://esmac.synapsetech.cz/member-area/motion-laboratory-tutoring-program
- All new collaborations/suggestions of labs are welcome.
- Work out the goals and contents of the research visit together with the hosting lab.
- Details of the research visit are up to the applicant and host to arrange. However, we encourage stays of minimum 3 days and maximum 2 weeks.
- Applications can be submitted throughout the year (until the end of July).
- Awards will be announced at the ESMAC Annual Meeting and the research visit can take place over the following year.
- Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a brief statement (max 3 pages) outlining why you wish to have an ESMAC mentorship award and include a plan of the visit.
- Provide a CV.
- Provide an agreement/invitation letter from a senior researcher at the host laboratory.
- Provide a letter of support by a senior researcher from your own research institute.
4. Communicating the Results
- Provide a written report of your visit max. 2 months after return from the visit.
- Provide a short summary of your visit and two pictures that will appear on the ESMAC website.
- Selected applicants may be asked to give a 5 minute presentation about their research visit at the first following ESMAC Annual Meeting.
More info for ESMAC members only. Please log in